Tuesday, April 3, 2012

School Culture Festival

This is actually what I meant to make my last post about before I got on a tangent and lost track!

Previously, I was not allowed to post this due to the paranoia of the school, as one of the students might be caught by a facial recognition and pinned to a misdemeanor and in addition tracked back to this school. But now these students have graduated and I have no idea as to where they have run off.

The school festival at my school happens early in the second semester, around the September time frame. This is a very big event for the school. They have the dance team involved, the art club making decorations, and everyone is singing. I have since been told that our school is very big into singing and that many other schools celebrate their culture day a bit differently than ours. I do not think that singing is really a big part of our school as so much as it is a tradition. If you look at our choral club, you will notice it has only 5 or so members(whom, I might mention, did not get any of the leading roles except for one of the Megs), but the music teachers seem to push their program very hard and have all the students under lock and key.
Thus, our culture festival was a Japanese rendition of select scenes and songs from Phantom of the Opera. Which is a personal favorite so I was quite happy. This is a performance put on by the 3rd years at the school. Earlier in the show, the first and second years did a choral concert singing 5 or so songs a piece, making the 3rd years performance much like a grand finale.
Since my first and second years are still students at this school, I will not put up the videos of their performance until, likely, years later. But here is the magnificent performance of Phantom of the Opera!

No comments:

Post a Comment